Meet the Phlex EDGE, an innovative swimming tracker designed to enable swimmers of all kinds to improve their workouts. This revolutionary device incorporates patented machine learning technology to provide real time heart rate, advanced stroke analysis, and more, all in a seamlessly designed and intuitive device worn on your favorite pair of goggles.
The EDGE combines both hardware and software to provide swimmers of all kinds with their critical analytics. Whether training for a triathlon, the Olympics, or to get in shape in the new year, the EDGE is a powerful piece of hardware developed to provide total body awareness with features such as:
- Real-Time Heart Rate Feedback – Smart tracking alerts you of your current Heart Rate zone with vibrational patterns for feedback. The ability to track your heart rate in real time is one of THE most important analytics to have during a workout.
- Machine Learning Algorithm – THE EDGE utilizes biometric and inertial sensors to calculate over 30 swimming metrics during training which are then presented, and analyzed to provide technical analysis and stroke tips in the Phlex Swim app.
- A Comfortable Advantage – Designed to seamlessly fit any swimmers lifestyle, the EDGE fits most popular goggle straps with a hydrodynamic design that will feel like it’s not even there. Swimmers shouldn’t be training with anything but a suit, cap, and goggles with an EDGE.
Developed to work along side the EDGE hardware, and to provide additional features to all swimmers is the Phlex Swim mobile app. (For iOS and Android devices) Following your workout the EDGE automatically connects to your phone, and uploads your workout data to the app for review.
- Familiar Format Review – The EDGE is capable of recognizing strokes, lengths, laps, sets and the overall structure of your workouts. This allows the Phlex Swim app to display your workout in a familiar, easy to understand format. It’s as simple as pressing a button, and starting your next set.
- Cloud Based Analytics – View your training data anytime, anywhere with cloud-based workouts review and analytics in the Phlex Swim app.
- Swim Smart Video Solution – Take advantage of exclusive industry leading stroke and drill content, taught by the top athletes in the world and tailored to your specific swimming needs.
- Goal Fulfillment – Crush your goals and stay motivated by keeping track of your progress in the Phlex Swim app. Compare yourself to friends and teammates, or global distance challenges like the English Channel and more!
- Train Like The Pros Do – The Phlex Swim App offers hundreds of professionally written workouts by Olympians, Iron Men, and Elite Coaches.
Founded by four teammates swimming for the University of Florida, the Phlex team is experienced in every segment of the sport of swimming. Co-founder Marcin Cieslak competed at the 2012 Olympic Games for Poland, Harrison Gibson is a coach that also swam collegiately, Ryan Rosenbaum is a USMS National record holder and experienced Open Water swimmer, and Luke Torres swum collegiately, but now is trying his hand at triathlons. Through all of our time around the sport, we have cultivated relationships with Olympic team coaches and medalists, Iron Man Triathletes, and Masters world record holders to understand what drives YOU as a swimmer.
The EDGE is proudly supported by notable Olympic swimmers such as:
- Dara Torres: 12-time US Olympic medalist, 5-time US Olympian, and former WR holder
- Elizabeth Beisel: 3-time US Olympian, and world champion
- Ricky Berens: 2-time Olympic gold medalist, 4-time world champion, and current WR holder
- Gregg Troy: 2012 US men’s olympic head coach, 2-time US olympic asst. Coach, and University of Florida head coach
- Pawel Korzeniowski: 2-time Polish Olympian, and world champion
- Calvyn Justus – 2016 South African Olympian, and prominent swimming YouTuber
No matter what your skill level or involvement in the sport of swimming, The PHLEX EDGE has been engineered for a custom experience. Phlex has worked with athletes ranging from everyday masters and recreational swimmers, to multi-time Olympic medalists and Iron Man triathletes, to learn what tools each segment holds highest in priority.